What do you think of when October arrives?
- Fall foliage, boots & sweaters?
- Apple picking and pumpkin patches?
- Pumpkin spice flavored EVERYTHING!
- and Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Well, in case you didn’t know, it’s also ADHD Awareness Month!! Yep, that’s right, we ADHDers get an awareness month, too!
This year’s theme is “setting the record straight“, because, sadly, even in this day & age, there are still a lot of myths and misinformation out there about ADHD, and the only way to destroy stigmas is to correct the misconceptions!
There is lots of informative stuff scheduled this month, including the 9th Annual ADHD Awareness Expo running all month long and jammed packed with brilliant speakers on a HUGE range of ADHD-related topics. Here are just a few of the presentations you can watch over the coming month –
For everyone –
- Keynote with Dr. Edward Hallowell (author of Driven to Distraction and host of the Distraction Podcast)
- Three Reasons You Aren’t Getting Things Done & What About It with Laurie Dupar
- My Top 3 Beliefs for Success with ADHD with Rick Green (creator of the “ADD and Loving It” video and author of ADD Stole My Car Keys)
- My Top 3 Hacks to Beat Procrastination with Alan P. Brown (creator of the video coaching program ADD Crusher)
- 3 Ways to Coach Your ADHD Brain with Nancy Ratey
- 3 Key Areas to Focus on for a Happy & Productive Life with Eric Tivers (host of the ADHD Rewired podcast)
- 3 Ways to Communicate Besides Talking with Brendan Mahan (host of the ADHD Essentials podcast)
- 3 Ways to Curb ADHD Carbohydrate Cravings with Linda Roggli
- Cam’s All-Time Top 3 for Succeeding with ADHD with Cameron Gott
- The 3 Foundations of ADHD Care with Mark Bertin, MD
- 3 Tips for Better Sleep with ADHD with Dr. Roberto Olivardia
- Top 3 Ways to Escape the Chase Dynamic in Relationships with Dr. Ari Tuckman (author of More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD)
For parents –
- 3 Ways to be a Better Mom with ADHD with Liz Lewis
- 3 Tips to To Get Your Child’s School To Be Responsive with Yafa Crane Luria
For women & couples –
- 3 Steps to Communication Success for Women with ADHD with Sari Solden
- 3 Things You Need to know about ADHD and your Relationship with Melissa and George Orlov
One of the best parts about the ADHD Awareness Expo is that you can attend from the comfort of your couch, but the VERY best part is that it’s FREE! (Of course, you can upgrade to VIP for just $47 so you can watch the videos at your leisure and you’ll be a bonus, downloadable goody bag, too!)
In addition to the ADHD Expo, here are two more excellent informational opportunities coming up soon –
- Tuesday, October 9th – IEP or 504 Plan: Which is Right for Your Child
- anytime – Making the Classroom Work for Your Student: How to Build a Better IEP or 504 Plan for Your Child – a previously recorded webinar that’s an excellent follow up to the 10/9 webinar