Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents
The leading parent resource about attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and its treatment has now been revised and updated with the latest information and resources. Prominent authority Russell A. Barkley compassionately guides you to:
* Understand why kids with ADHD act the way they do.
* Get an accurate diagnosis.
* Work with school and health care professionals to find needed support.
* Implement a proven eight-step behavior management plan.
* Build your child's academic and social skills.
* Restore harmony at home.
New to the fourth edition is a chapter on health risks associated with ADHD, the latest information on the causes of the disorder, current facts on medications, a new discussion of sibling issues, advice for parents who might have ADHD themselves, downloadable practical tools, and much more.